Sunday 20 July 2008

Little hearty baby blanket - FREE KNITTING PATTERN

My first "bigger" project this year!
After long searching on the Internet I came up with my own design for baby blanket!

The plan was to make 5 by 7 squares (50cm X 70 cm) to use it as a throw over in buggy but somehow I managed to make it 4 by 5 squares. The pregnant brain makes tricks.
Well, maybe one day I have to rip edging from one side (top or bottom) and add a few square rows.

It looks "right side" from both sides, includes only knit and purl stitches, very simple.
Yarn used: Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk, a bit more than 3 balls for this tiny blanky. 
(As an alternative DROPS yarn group B yarns can be used: DROPS Merino Extra Fine, DROPS Cotton Merino … Choose your favourite yarns here: )
Needles 3 mm (I knit loosely). 

A FREE PATTERN is available (please give me credit and link back to this post):
The pattern in English.

Make sure, you knit your own sample square and measure it. You might have to change the pattern if your stitches are taller.

Close-up detail and The Man himself:





12 comments:

Lily said...

Oh it's beautiful. Make me want to make also. How many balls you used?

Lillysmuul said...

Thank you Lily!
Used a bit more than 3balls so far.
Needles 3mm(I'm loose knitter).

Helen said...

hästi armas tekike tulevasele ilmakodanikule.

Katrin mdmB said...

Nii armas! Huvitav on vaadata, kuidas valgus mustriga mängib :D See tore elukas, kes praegu tekki naudib on ka vahva :P

Mytsi Wabrik said...

Väga armas tekike. Mul on nii kahju, et ma oma lastele tekki ei teinud, sellist päris oma sossut, mis oleks jäänud mälestuseks neile- või edasipärandamiseks.

Fiona Carter said...

Your baby blanket is so so beautiful, love the hearts you've knitted through the design.

Lillysmuul said...

Thank you for the kind words!
cant wait to use it!!!

Anonymous said...

hi can I get the pattern for the baby blanket I love it and would love to make it thanks viki

Lillysmuul said...

There isn't much more pattern ,just click the estonian tong link and you see shart for hearth and edging!Use picture and your head to make your very own look!

Ági Decor said...

This heart blanket is really lovely! At such a moments I wish so much I could knit. Great done! :)

renee said...

I absolutely LOVE this blanket! I'm a sucker for hearts. You did a really great job on this. What a lucky baby!

renee said...

Oh! And Thank You for the great chart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails