Wednesday 16 May 2007

Swallowtail Shawl



It's time for handcrafts again!


Finished my third Swallowtail Shawl. Yarn used is Rowans kidsilk haze: 70%Super kid mohair30%silk; 25gr 210m, 2 skeins, needles 3.5mm.

I knit very loosely so it looks more like used 5mm needles. many people have trouble making nupps, specially knit 5tog,yeah if you knit tight it's almost impossible to do but no problem for me ;).

The first and third shawl look identical, for second one I bought yarn from Peru .


Lace weight yarn 100% merino, GORGEOUS yarn, super soft, look it yourself: http://www.100purewool.com/servlet/Categories?category=Merino+Lace+Weight
This pattern is amazingly easy going. You just sit down and start knitting and it seems the needles run by themselfs. You just have to stop them for a moment when pattern changes...;)

2 comments:

Anneli said...

Wow! Your handwork makes me wonder, WHEN DO YOU DO IT? Good job!!

Lillysmuul said...

And the Secret is..... I do it at sleep!.... lol(dreams...)
Actually when I should sleep-late evening usally.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails