Tuesday 4 September 2007

Great news!

Great news is the Belle cardigan will be right size, not soooooooo big as I was afraid.
I am knitting size small (because I'm terrible cook and don't eat much ;) )


Finished right sleeve yesterday and had to sew it together immediately to see how it holds.

I'm happy!!!

Sleeve isn't to wide,there are no ugly folds in underarm and looks absolutely great from waist.
I did make some changes (like always ;) ):
for the sleeve increased 1 st each side every 16th row (not 8th) 5 times and then every 8th row until sleeve measured long enough to cast on stitches for front and back.
I added extra stitches for sides to get 120stitches altogether as asked.
Also for neck shaping I did bind off only 10 stitches not 15. Continued with pattern.



There are some other knitters who love this project as well:
Sally from theraineysisters
Joanna from brahdelt
and so many more ,all taking part of VogueSilverBelleKAL .

6 comments:

Brahdelt said...

Beautiful! I almost regret washing and blocking my pieces, I'd love to start sewing them together, I found some instructions for the mattress stitch on the web.
Share it on the KAL! ^^

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

What a fantastic job you've done! You are completely inspiring me to keep going as I am slogging away on the peplum...

Sheila said...

What you've done so far is stunning.

Lillysmuul said...

Thank you all so much! good words make me knit faster!
I'm never been good finishing big things ,so really need some pushing! ;)

Lily said...

WOW! Looks like you will get a winner here.

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails